Thursday 21 February 2013

Milestone

Today has been a milestone for me. I have completed a full week, 7 days without a single pain killer. I am not saying that I'm completely pain free, its just now more of a dull ache rather than a throbbing red hot pain that nothing can touch other than the strongest of painkillers.
A week may not seem much, but trust me, after living with this for the best part of twenty years and hardly passing a day without some kind of pain relief this is a massive step forward for me.

All of this is down to changing my diet and cutting out a lot of crap. I haven't had soft drinks for nearly three weeks, only two drinks a day containing caffeine, increase water intake by 2L a day and cutting out processed foods.
My sleep has also improved. I have gone from 3-4 hours per night to 7-8 and I don't half feel better for it..

Also having advice and support from Bert Middleton aka The Gout Killer has been a massive help.

Lets see what the rest of the week brings as the colder weather is on its way again if we believe what the weather men say and that can sometimes make it worse.

See you at the weekend.

Pete.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME Pete! People just can even begin to understand what a painful big deal it is to constantly be battling this vicious disease!

    Good job of getting out there and keep up the healthy momentum! Let me know how I can help!

    Thx,
    Bert

    ReplyDelete